Monday, June 8, 2009

Glow like Kim Kardashian! -Giella Custom Blend Cosmetics


I totally remember when I first got into makeup, and because I didn't have that many foundations, and had to make do with what I had.. Making do was mixing 2 or 3 foundations to get the correct matching, or mixing lipstick shades to get that marvelous red that I wanted.
That changed over time, even though I still mix, because I now have more of a supply. Okay a huge supply, but that's a different story.
Needless to say I was thrilled when I heard about Giella Custom Blend Cosmetics. It took me back to the years, when all I did was custom blend. Giella has everything though. I was quit amazed. Located at Henri Bendal in NY this dream of a line, can custom blend you anything from foundation, to your discontinued lipstick, to nail polish. Yes, nail polish.

You can also see one of my favorites, b-dazzle eyeshadows used here on Kim Kardashian, by Mario Dedivanovic (Giella B-Dazzle eyeshadow used in the inner corners of eye)
Love it!... I would go beyond and say you can perfectly highlight cheekbones, bride of nose and temples. So heavenly.


Another fav is her Matte Powder. This transluscent powder does the trick. It mattifies and gives the skin a nice smooth finish. A little goes a long way!

Find more of her amazing products at http://www.giella.com/

2 comments:

Beauté Noire said...

First, I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog. I love it!

You know, I had some custom foundation created for me at Giella at Bendal's, and it was SO not a good match. The girl couldn't seem to figure out my skintone.

Oh, well. Maybe they're better at some things than others!

Kelley Woods Makeup said...

That is so unfortunate..
It really is a skill and sometimes when you are hired on a 'sale' aspect and not for skill.. (not saying that was case)..
then sometimes the quality of the product is projected through the reps..

When I custom blended, I didnt' stop until I got the exact (or close to exact) match with my clients...

It is a true skill though..

her powders are great!